Are you looking for the best restaurants in Canada? You’ve come to the right place! Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner for two, a family-friendly spot, or somewhere to grab a quick bite, Canada has something for everyone. From coast to coast, here are some of the best restaurants in Canada that you need to try.
It is very hard to recommend the best restaurants in Canada, everyones taste is different and everyone has his or her own favourite restaurant they go to. We are not recommending best restaurants as it would be impossible to chose one, yet instead we are listing the best rated restaurants in Canada based on reviews found on multiple platforms. I hope you will enjoy the read and possibly you will find your favourite restaurant on our list here.
Vancouver is one of the most vibrant cities in Canada, and it’s no surprise that the culinary scene is just as vibrant. Here are some of the best rated restaurants in Vancouver.
First up is
Blue Water Cafe + Raw Bar
- Cuisine: Seafood, Sushi, Pacific Northwest
- Address: 1095 Hamilton St, Vancouver, BC
- Highlights: Extensive seafood menu, sushi bar, award-winning wine list.
The goal of Blue Water Cafe is to provide unique and delicious West Coast dishes, including Raw Bar that regularly offers pure, clean flavours and distinctive presentations, emulating the real Japanese culinary style. Do you like Seafood? Than Blue Water Cafe is a must when visiting Vancouver, this restaurant is top rated Vancouver restaurant with 4.7 stars out of 5 with thousands of online reviews on many different platforms.
- Cuisine: Pacific Northwest, Canadian
- Address: 1038 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC
- Highlights: Elegant atmosphere, creative dishes, botanical-inspired cocktails.
A new Pacific Northwest, one that has always existed but was only waiting to be discovered, is reflected in the restaurant Botanist. Executive Chef Hector Laguna’s menu is carefully crafted and ingredients carefully chosen from local northwest soil. Culinary creations are must see and must try when traveling to Vancouver. Botanist Dining has top rating of 4.6 to 4.8 rating on multiple platforms with multiple thousand reviews.
- Cuisine: French, Seafood, West Coast
- Address: 217 Carrall St, Vancouver, BC
- Highlights: Historic setting, inventive cuisine, craft cocktails.
In the centre of Vancouver’s historic Gastown community, L’Abattoir Restaurant offers a really memorable dining experience. The Michelin-recommended restaurant was founded in 2010 and is frequently cited as one of Canada’s top culinary attractions. Beside the prestigious Michelin recommendation, L’Abattoir Restaurant is top rated at 4.6-4.8 on multiple platforms with thousands of reviews.
- Cuisine: Italian
- Address: 615 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC
- Highlights: Rustic Italian dishes, wood-fired cooking, welcoming ambiance.
Savio Volpe celebrates liveliness, warmth and hospitality with traditional osteria; homey food prepared in the fresh and regional Italian style with ingredients found in the area’s lakes, oceans, farms, and fields. Another Michelin recommended restaurant in Vancouver should be on you next Vancouver visit list. Osteria Salvio Volpe is top rated from 4.6 – 4.8 on multiple platforms with thousands of reviews.
Beside Vancouver, Toronto is the most adverse and multicultural city in Canada. Famous for international parts of the city that house some of the best restaurants in Canada. From extra luxurious to memorable street foods, Toronto will have top dining for every taste and every critic.
- Cuisine: French
- Address: 163 Spadina Ave #2, Toronto, ON
- Highlights: Fine dining, tasting menu, exquisite French cuisine.
Alo is Michelin star rated restaurant with French tasting menu served in stylish, serene surrounds atop a Victorian building. It offers one of the best dining experiences Toronto and Canada has to offer. From impressive decorated and prepared dishes to the atmosphere and friendly staff, Alo has deserved to be top rated restaurant in Toronto with 4.6-4.8 rating on multiple platforms with thousands of reviews.
- Cuisine: Canadian, Spanish
- Address: 169 Niagara St, Toronto, ON
- Highlights: Seasonal menus, farm-to-table, cozy ambiance.
Edulis is enjoyment of getting together at a table to eat real food and be welcomed as a friend; conviviality, feasting, appreciating the art and tradition of cooking, being sincere, and using amazing ingredients. Edulis mastered combinations will excite every visitor whether you love Spanish cuisine or whether you are new to this greatly created food. Very popular restaurant with 4.7 overall rating, thousands of reviews and thousands of followers on multiple platforms.
- Cuisine: Japanese, Sushi
- Address: 81 Harbord St, Toronto, ON
- Highlights: Omakase menu, authentic sushi, intimate setting.
In Toronto’s downtown, Yasu is the country’s first Omakase sushi restaurant. To preserve its optimum flavour and freshness, food is served right away. Simply defined, Yasu is the pinnacle of purity, great taste and dining experience in Toronto. Yasu has 4.6-4.8 rating with thousands of reviews on multiple platforms.
Scaramouche Restaurant Pasta Bar & Grill
- Cuisine: Canadian, French
- Address: 1 Benvenuto Pl, Toronto, ON
- Highlights: Romantic setting, fine dining, diverse menu.
In Midtown, Scaramouche serves modern cuisine while providing sweeping views of the city. A longtime staple in Toronto that has been providing top-notch eating experiences built on reliability, civility, and consistency. One of the finest food creations in Toronto have earned rating of 4.6-4.8 with thousands of great reviews on multiple platforms.
Montreal, lovely Canadian City that has an amazing flair of traditional European style buildings and modern skyscrapers. Canadian city that has French tradition and with it one of the best French style restaurants, but don’t be surprised about other top rated restaurants this amazing city has.
- Cuisine: French, Canadian
- Address: 900 Place Jean-Paul-Riopelle, Montreal, QC
- Highlights: Fine dining, tasting menus, innovative French cuisine.
Toqué is today recognized as a pioneer of regional cuisine that uses seasonal and local ingredients and draws inspiration from the farms, rivers, ocean, and forests of Quebec and its surroundings. Food at Toqué is created to perfection with just as perfect taste, with flavours rarely found in other restaurants. Toqué Restaurant has become got t place when visiting Montreal. With amazing rating of 4.6-4.8 on multiple platforms and thousands of reviews, this restaurant is must a visit restaurant in Montreal.
READ MORE: Toronto Top Restaurants for Foodies
Le Club Chasse et Pêche
- Cuisine: French, Canadian
- Address: 423 St-Claude St, Montreal, QC
- Highlights: Upscale dining, game meats, elegant ambiance.
Since 2004, Club Chasse et Pêche has offered unforgettable dining experiences by welcoming guests in an intimate setting. The dishes offered at Club Chasse et Pêche and the food creations are unique and fantastic. The best dining experience one can wish for. Club Chasse et Pêche has an astonishing rating of 4.6-4.8 on multiple platforms with thousands of amazing reviews. Another must stop when visiting Montreal.
Restaurant Jérôme Ferrer – Europea
- Cuisine: French, Canadian
- Address: 1227 De la Montagne St, Montreal, QC
- Highlights: Creative tasting menus, elegant setting, artistic presentation.
The Europea Restaurant won the “America’s Best Restaurant & Bar Design Awards” in 2018 and was named as the best restaurant in Canada and the 24th best in the world by TripAdvisor. The unforgettable atmosphere, food creations and taste makes this unique restaurant a must visit when visiting Montreal. One of the best culinary experiences one can wish for and get in Canada and the rest of the World. The Europea Restaurant has earned top reviews 4.6-4.8 on multiple platforms with thousands of great reviews.
- Cuisine: Modern, Canadian
- Address: 540 Rochester St, Ottawa, ON
- Highlights: Molecular gastronomy, tasting menus, innovative dishes.
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Address: 7 Springfield Rd, Ottawa, ON
- Highlights: Farm-to-table, brunch, seasonal ingredients.
- Cuisine: Canadian, International
- Address: 296 Elgin St, Ottawa, ON
- Highlights: Upscale dining, diverse menu, stylish setting.
Is you favourite restaurant among those above listed? If not, write us and tell us why your favourite restaurant should be on our list as best rated and best restaurants in Canada,