For those who don’t follow lottery jackpots, Poweball lottery jackpot in the US has climbed to $1.73 Billion US! The Powerball jackpot grew to $1.73 billion, the second-largest lottery reward in US history, after no tickets matched all six numbers drawn on Monday night.
If a winner is selected in the next draw, they will have the option of receiving a $1.73 billion payout over 30 yearly instalments or a lump sum cash prize of $756.6 million, which is usually the more popular option. This is the fourth time a lottery jackpot has exceeded $1 billion this year. There had only ever been eight previous billion-dollar jackpots in American history before this. Since July 19 of this year, there hasn’t been a jackpot draw grand prize winner.
The official Powerball website states that there is a one in 292.2 million chance of winning the jackpot. Yet, this fact does not deter people from dreaming big and investing their money into the lottery.
READ MORE: What Would You Do With $785 Mio. US?
What is the largest Powerball jackpot?
- $2.04 billion – Nov. 7, 2022 – CA
- $1.586 billion – Jan. 13, 2016 – CA, FL, TN
- $1.4 billion (est.) – Oct. 7, 2023
- $1.08 billion – July 19, 2023 – CA
- $768.4 million – March 27, 2019 – WI
- $758.7 million – Aug. 23, 2017 – MA
- $754.6 million – Feb. 6, 2023 – WA
- $731.1 million – Jan. 20, 2021 – MD
- $699.8 million – Oct. 4, 2021 – CA
- $687.8 million – Oct. 27, 2018 – IA, NY
How to play Powerball
For the white balls, choose five numbers between 1 and 69, and for the red Powerball, choose one number between 1 and 26. On a play slip, you can write down your fortunate numbers, or you can let the lottery machine choose them at random.
How can you win Powerball?
- Five white balls + one red Powerball = Jackpot
- Five white balls = $1 million
- Four white balls + one red Powerball = $50,000
- Four white balls = $100
- Three white balls + one red Powerball = $100
- Three white balls = $7
- Two white balls + one red Powerball = $7
- One white ball + one red Powerball = $4
- One red Powerball = $4
Can Canadians Play Powerball lottery?
Playing and collecting Powerball Lottery jackpot wins are both legal in Canada. The same is true for many other U.S. lotteries, but to be safe, it is recommended to confirm with the state lottery organizations that manage these lotteries first.
Bringing Your Lottery Ticket Outside of the United States: Among Canadian would-be Powerball participants, a mysterious U.S. legislation that forbids entering the country with a lottery ticket has recently drawn a lot of attention.
In theory, Canadians who buy Powerball tickets in the United States, bring them home to Canada, and then attempt to re-enter the United States with their tickets may be breaking the law and risk having their tickets seized, which has actually happened, though the lottery tickets were eventually returned to the buyer.
Do you feel lucky? Next Powerball draw is this Wednesday.