This garlic ginger lemon honey mixture is great natural homemade immune booster recipe – a remedy for those looking for a natural way to boost their immune system while sick during the cold and flu season. Or to fight a mild infection without antibiotics.
By combining garlic ginger lemon and honey you will get a powerful DIY immunity boosting recipe (or a natural antibiotic recipe) that will make your immune system stronger and capable to fight easily a viral, bacterial or yeast infection.
This is a powerful all natural antibiotic recipe that became my favorite natural immune booster remedy during cold and flu season over the last 5 years. This immune boosting tonic recipe is quite easy to make. It’s a garlic, ginger, lemon, honey remedy that’s suitable for the entire family, including kids!
Why I Make This Immune Boosting Tonic Recipe
A few years ago I was constantly sick and getting cold after cold and many other infections on a regular basis. The conventional medication wasn’t helping, it was doing more damage. This made me look for natural immunity boosting recipes that could actually help me fight all those infections without side effects.
I wanted a more natural approach. I needed to strengthen my immune system fast and avoid all those antibiotics that put me in this position in the first place.
I discovered that natural remedies most of the time are much more potent then their synthetic counterparts, and slowly started to develop new habits that helped me grow a strong immune system.
After studying the health benefits of each ingredient and the best way to combine them, I decided to try this homemade immunity boosting recipe with lemon, garlic, ginger and honey. It was one of the first I implemented with great results. The best part is that you make it once and it can be stored as a natural supplement.
I also like to incorporate the same ingredients in this flu bomb drink (I also call it “immune booster tea”) – the liquid is extremely soothing when you have a sore throat. Plus when drank continuously throughout the day it helps flush out the cold and flu germs from the body more efficiently. Hydration is essential too!
Lemon Ginger Garlic and Honey Mixture Benefits
Combining garlic, ginger, lemon and honey makes one of the best and effective immunity boosting recipes. All it’s ingredients have anti-fungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties and work synergistically, meaning they work even better when combined.
And I tried many immunity boosting tonic recipes: with apple cider vinegar, with turmeric or cayenne pepper, they were all great, but I felt that the key ingredient is always garlic.
This specific immune boosting tonic recipe is really easy to ingest, without feeling like vomiting after taking it.
It’s simple to make, convenient to consume AND store for longer periods of time! Due to citric acid from lemon, plus sugar from honey, this homemade immune booster can last for months when stored in the fridge.
How Effective Is This Immunity Boosting Tonic Recipe?
- Unlike the store-bought medicines which simply suppress our symptoms, the plant medicines work deep, strengthening our body’s immune system right at the core. It can be a general immune system stimulant (stimulates maximum blood circulation) or it can heal, relieve the pain and swelling by helping to move the excess mucus.
- Aids digestion and promotes gut health. This immunity boosting recipe is also a good tonic for the digestive tract’s flora and for the skin. Garlic can positively influence the gut microbiome and protect the gut microbiome damage.
- Great for viral infections (cold, flu). There are also a few studies showing the garlic effectiveness against many viruses including cytomegalovirus, rhinovirus, HIV, herpes simplex 1 and 2 viral pneumonia, and rotavirus.
- Garlic and ginger have antimicrobial activity against many pathogens (strep, staph, helicobacter pylori, mycobacterium tuberculosis, clostridium, klebsiella and other bacteria responsible for sinus, ear, lung and urinary tract infections). In-vivo and in-vitro studies garlic was found not only to inhibit the formation of biofilms but also to eradicate biofilms.
- Antifungal properties. Both animal and in vitrostudies have shown garlic to be more potent than nystatin, gentian violet, and six other reputed antifungal agents in inhibiting fungal infections.
- Mixing all these ingredients is better than using each of them separately. Their beneficial effect is synergistic, meaning they work even better together by enhancing the properties of each. For example honey has the property to pull and concentrate the medicinal properties of the other ingredients (in this case garlic and ginger). And the lemon – helps with preservation and the absorption of key nutrients and antioxidants.
Prophylactic As Well As Therapeutic Immune Boosting Tonic
To get a therapeutic effect from garlic, ginger, lemon and honey, we need more than we can comfortably consume. By making this immune boosting tonic you ensure you get a large dose of each ingredient.
What’s interesting about garlic, is that when the clove is chopped, chewed, or crushed, it produces allicin – an active compound with powerful anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic and antioxidant properties.
However, these benefits are destroyed when garlic is heated, so consuming it raw is the the best way to ensure you get those benefits.
And since no one loves to chew some raw garlic, this tonic disguises its unpleasantness perfectly!
This natural antibiotic recipe is easy to make AND take. It’s suitable for adults and even kids. My toddler has no problem taking a spoonful of this immune boosting tonic when she’s having a cold. Followed by a few sips of water just to wash the taste in the mouth.
How To Make The Immunity Boosting Recipe With Garlic Ginger Lemon And Honey
This immune boosting tonic recipe is made with four renowned ingredients:
- raw fresh garlic
- raw fresh ginger
- raw lemon (whole)
- raw honey
- Step 1. You need to peel and chop all ingredients and add in a blender.
- Step 2. Mix until smooth (like a paste), don’t add any other liquid.
- Step 3. Transfer into a clean jar and store in the refrigerator. The longer its sits in the fridge the more potent it gets; but the taste gets milder and more pleasant.
Remedy for High Cholesterol
High cholesterol can lead to cardiovascular problems, the world’s biggest killer. Therefore, you need to keep your cholesterol levels under control.
It’s said that the mixture of ginger, garlic, and honey is a good remedy for high cholesterol. Therefore, many people have been encouraged to prepare it and include it in their diet.
Below we’ll discuss in more detail everything you need to know about the ingredients in this remedy and its potential to improve your health, according to scientific evidence.
Things you need to know about high cholesterol
If you’ve been diagnosed with high cholesterol, it’s important to improve your lifestyle habits as soon as possible. The perfect combination is healthy eating and exercise. At the same time, you should quit smoking and minimize (or eliminate) the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
Ginger-garlic-honey remedy for high cholesterol
It’s believed the combination of ginger, garlic, and honey can help regulate cholesterol since all three ingredients are attributed with antioxidant properties.
According to experts from the Spanish Nutrition Foundation (FEN):
- Honey is a food that provides sugars, amino acids, tannins, glucose, and alkaloids. It’s been a highly valued food for its multiple therapeutic applications.
- Garlic provides protein, iodine, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin B6, and sulfur compounds. For a long time, various properties were attributed to garlic; however, studies have shown that there were many myths surrounding this food.
- Ginger provides protein, vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, C), magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, manganese, zinc, phosphorus, and sodium. Although it has beneficial properties for health, it’s important to be aware of its contraindications.
Therefore, these are all healthy ingredients that can contribute to complement the diet aimed at lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Note that there’s no evidence that this remedy for high cholesterol is, by itself, 100% effective. Therefore, we recommend including it alongside a healthy lifestyle as long as your doctor authorizes it.